Activities in the Community
Halloween at Home
Poppy Appeal 2020
Nothe Fort's Half-term Halloween programme
Summer Reading Challenge 2020 - Silly Squad
We are delighted to be able to share the following resources to introduce and promote the Challenge:
- Our presentation gives information about the Challenge and how libraries are supporting it this year.
- The attached flyer explains how you can take part
- Watch Sam and Mark introduce the Summer Reading Challenge in the Reading Agency official video
- Join in Silly Squad character drawing with this year’s Challenge illustrator Laura Ellen Anderson
- Using the Draw yourself silly activity sheet, children can draw themselves as part of the Silly Squad
- Children can print off and colour in Johanna Basford’s Super Silly colouring sheet and follow along with her colouring-in tips on the Summer Reading Challenge Facebook page
People First Newsletter June 20
Water Safety Information from Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service
Madam Hooch from Harry Potter (Zoë Wanamaker CBE) has read a water safety story for us! https://www.dwfire.org.uk/education/safe-by-the-water/
As we head into summer and hopefully some nice weather, children and families are likely to spend more time in or near water, and although cool and inviting water can be dangerous and unpredictable. The stories “Safe at the Seaside” and “Safe at the River” will help young children understand what they can do to help themselves stay safe, and what to do if they do get in trouble in water.